My name is Nick Propper and I live in Westport with my family having moved here from the UK. Alongside my day job I'm a human performance coach, trained at the Johnson & Johnson Human Performance Institute in Orlando, and I work mostly with groups of corporate executives and employees on two main areas, building resilience and managing energy in the pursuit of a sustainable framework for maintaining high levels of performance over time. Resilience is such a crucial skill for everyone as they start to experience more pressure and stress in their lives whether at work, at home or other endeavors. I teach that resilience is actually an acquired skill, essentially a 'muscle' than can be built over time by oscillating effectively between stress and intentional recovery. I have a keynote that I deliver worldwide in the corporate world and I am now bringing that presentation to Westport so that our community can benefit from some of this incredible, research backed content.
Here's the breakdown of the keynote:
· Understand current data on stress and its impact on energy and performance
· Define resilience and the benefit of having greater levels of resilience
· Learn how resilience can be trained through strategically leveraging stress as a growth opportunity
TRUTH ABOUT STRESS
· Learn about the current definitions of stress
· Understand the impact of stress on each energy dimension
· Learn about the three different types of stress: normal, training and excessive
· Explore the science of recovery
· Learn the definition of recovery
· Apply the 3 principles of recovery to support improved resilience
· Understand the importance of rituals
And here is the link to the event next Tuesday, 5th March 7-8.30pm. It's completely free of charge and no registration is required.